I've been teaching at Nadine's Music Manor for almost 20 years now (I started teaching here when I was just an 18 year old college student!) Since then I've graduated with a computer science degree, but don't let that fool you...I still love to rock out.
My teaching style is nice and relaxed, and I like to let students progress at their own pace. I tailor my lessons to each student's specific interests, while making sure to provide a solid musical foundation for the future.
I've studied all different styles of music (although I love rock the best), and I even played in the Plano East Jazz Band and Sound Invention for a few years. Here's a list of lots of things that I think are really important and a basic outline of how I like to teach:
- We always start with the basics if you need them -- learning how to read TAB (an easy guitar music notation), basic picking and finger exercises, and chord strumming.
- Reading standard musical notation and chord charts if you're interested (we don't have to...many great players learned by ear!)
- I love to figure out your favorite songs from CDs or your iPod and incorporate these into your lessons too.
- Branching out into all styles of music. Even if you love heavy metal, it's still cool to get new ideas from jazz, classical, and yes...even country music!
- Understanding music theory and why certain chords and scales sound so good together. That's really important for starting to write your own songs.
- And of course, using all of your new scales to become a great lead guitar player too!
So if you're ready to start jamming, I'd love to help you get started on your way to becoming a great player! Hope to see you guys soon, and if you have any questions, please give me a call at the store: 972-985-7884.
On a side note...You can also visit my sweet website for expert computer repair in the Dallas area. Special deals and prices for my students! The link is listed below.
Dallas Computer Repair