I've been teaching at Nadine's Music Manor for over 25 years now (I started teaching here when I was just an 18 year old college student!) Since then I've graduated with a computer science degree, but don't let that fool you...I still love to rock out.
My teaching style is nice and relaxed, and I like to let students progress at their own pace. I tailor my lessons to each student's specific interests, while making sure to provide a solid musical foundation for the future.
I've studied all different styles of music (although I love rock the best), and I even played in the Plano East Jazz Band and Sound Invention for a few years. Here's a list of lots of things that I think are really important and a basic outline of how I like to teach:
- We always start with the basics if you need them -- learning how to read TAB (an easy guitar music notation), basic picking and finger exercises, and chord strumming.
- Reading standard musical notation and chord charts if you're interested (we don't have to...many great players learned by ear!)
- I love to figure out your favorite songs and incorporate these into your lessons too.
- Branching out into all styles of music. Even if you love heavy metal, it's still cool to get new ideas from jazz, classical, and yes...even country music!
- Understanding music theory and why certain chords and scales sound so good together. That's really important for starting to write your own songs.
- And of course, using all of your new scales to become a great lead guitar player too!
So if you're ready to start jamming, I'd love to help you get started on your way to becoming a great player! Hope to see you guys soon, and if you have any questions, please give me a call at the store: 972-985-7884.